- Do you believe that your life is over?
- Do you believe that you will never be healthy again?
- Do you believe that you will always be ill?
- Do you believe that your body will always be in pain?
- Do you believe that no matter how hard you try that you will still get sick?
- Do you believe that food will never taste good again?
- Do you believe you are missing out on life?
- Do you believe that you will never be happy again?
- Do you believe that you are alone?
- Do you believe that it can’t get better?
- Do you believe that you will never get a hold of what is going on with your body?
- Do you believe you just can’t handle one more complication?
- Do you believe that all occasions and the holidays that resolves around food are a nightmare?
As January comes to a close… How are you doing with your 2016 goals? Are you on track? Have you stayed committed? Have you been side-tracked? Changed direction? or Simply given up?
One of my favorite quotes from Tony Robbins is “There is ALWAYS a way when you are committed” So how committed are you to your goals and/or resolutions? Do you want them enough?Read More
Loving yourself is not a concept that I have ever been familiar with, I knew mean, angry and hateful to myself because my body had failed me my entire life. I have always been overweight, always on a diet, new plan, exercise routine only to be slammed back into reality and derailed with pain from migraines, joint, back, hip pain and then of course stomach issues and having to live on ginger ale and plain crackers. I was angry that I had no follow through, that I couldn’t stay focused physically, that I obviously wasn’t committed enough, my body and my weight was always a constant disappointment. I even had a miscarriage and was told I lost my baby because I was too big, so you know loving my body was not a concept I ever understood until I realized that celiac was the culprit all along.Read More
This is a biggie for a lot of us. And I’m gonna add learning to say NO (and mean it AND not having to explain yourself)!
For a lot of us, who run businesses, have family and friends that depend on us this is really a tough one to follow through on but it is an essential part in our healing and in our learning to put ourselves first.
My body does not run the way it use it, I cannot push it and neglect it like I did in the past. And, this has led me to realize that I have to pick and choose what I will give my time to more carefully. Certain events require more down-time for me and that too has to be added in.Read More